Chimayó Pilgrimage & Tour PackagesHotel Chimayo de Santa Fe celebrates the culture of Chimayo including the deep faith that the residents and pilgrims demonstrate. Each year during Easter thousands of devotees make the pilgrimage to the Santuario de Chimayo. For those embarking on the pilgrimage to Chimayo the Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe is the perfect location to base this sacred journey as the entire hotel has been designed to celebrate the culture of Chimayo. Learn more about the Chimayo Pilgrimage.
Discover the rich tradition and culture of Chimayó, an agricultural community nestled at the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Chimayó was founded in the 17th Century and features picturesque churches, plazas and historic buildings. With our Chimayó Tour Package, step back in time to come face to face with handcrafted art, colorful handwoven textiles and robust Chimayó chile. Our community tour guides will take you from the hotel to begin your one-of-a-kind experience.
Chimayó Tour Package includes
- Two signature cocktails in Low 'n Slow Lowrider Bar
- Local Treasures discount card - receive an exclusive 15% discount at some of the best locally owned shops, galleries and attractions in New Mexico
- Late check-out based upon availability
- Complimentary WiFi
Heritage Hotels & Resorts is honored to support and promote the community of Chimayó in northern New Mexico. Only 30 minutes from Santa Fe, we encourage visitors to experience picturesque Chimayó by taking one of our tours. Choose one of the tour options below and begin your one-of-a-kind experience.
Chimayó Tour Options
Drive yourself and get a 90-minute custom guided tour of Chimayó with eleventh-generation Chimayó native tour guide, Maria Lorraine Vigil. Maria enjoys introducing visitors to the breathtaking beauty, culture, community, spirituality and history of Chimayó.
Personalized Guided Chimayó Tours
- $40/person, advanced reservations required
- Contact Maria Lorraine Vigil at 505-614-6462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit www.chimayotours.com
This exclusive 4-hour Chimayó guided tour is offered daily by the local tour company Great Southwest Adventures. Maria Lorraine Vigil, an eleventh-generation Chimayo native, gives the group a guided tour of her community in Chimayó.
Chimayó Group Tours - including transportation from Santa Fe
- Tour departs Hotel Chimayó at 8 am and returns at 12pm. Optional lunch package available at Rancho de Chimayo.
- $90/person, includes transportation and light refreshments. Minimum of 4 people required, advanced reservations required.
- Contact Great Southwest Adventures at 505-455-2700 or email email@example.com
- Visit www.swadventures.com
Discover the magical community of Chimayó at your own pace with this self-discovery tour. The most economical of our Tour Packages the self-guided tour allows you to experience the community of Chimayó while staying within your budget. Our Chimayó map and guide highlights artists featured at Hotel Chimayó and allows for easy navigation.
Self-Guided Chimayó Tours
- Download Chimayo Tour map and guide
Please call 505-992-5861 and mention code PKGTOUR to book this package
Package Policies: Room rates are based on availability and subject to change. Black-out dates may apply. Tours booked separate from package with individual tour providers. Other restrictions may apply.